the great Gregory Arlt (Director of Make Up Artistry at MAC Cosmetics) at the MAC Pro Store to chat about Spring 2013 Make-up Trends...and what did we learn you ask? We learned that a clean face and a bright lip is in.. We also learned that SKIN is IN.. Spending a little more time on your prep work will last you all day... Blend Blend Blend is the key word for Spring .. And pops of Pink .. Bronze.. Peach and even a Bright Beautiful Red can take you from drab to undeniable fab in no time..
Did you know that MAC Cosmetics produces a beautiful Trends book for all their Make-Up artists twice a year? Neither did I.. I may start a petition to get them to sell that book.. I would totally buy it! Who's in?..
Gregory and I took a page from the MAC Spring 2013 book and here is what we did..
To see the actual look happen HERE is a link to the KTLA behind the scenes video of Gregory taking us step by step to this clean spring face.
Three Key Tips for Application..
1. Blend foundation with a foundation brush when possible.. your fingers tend to oxidize the color and make it a bit darker.
2. Smile when Applying Blush.. We don't naturally blush at our temples.. (although I will Rock a 1980's Dynasty look once in a while).
3. Apply Lip stick with a brush or fingertips almost as a deep stain.. Precision is not necessary this spring.
Three Key tips for color..
1. Light Frost on the eyes lids and upper brow bone.
2. Peachy bronze on the apples of the cheeks.
2. Pop of Matte Bright Pink on the lips.
Finish it all off with two long sweeping coats of black mascara and a light dusk of Mineralized Powder which allows moister to stay with your skin all day.
If you are one of those ladies who feels incomplete without eye liner.. never fear.. Gregory says that you can always line the inside bottom lid of your eye with black or brown liner to add an extra pop..
MAC Make-up used:
Eyes: Rice Paper
Lips: Pink Pigeon
Mascara: False Lashes
Foundation: Match Master
Powder: Mineralized Skin FinishIt was a super fun and educational day.. Greg sent me off into the world ready for Spring 2013.. I pass this info onto you.. use it wisely...
MAC Cosmetics Clean Spring Face.. I "Like"