SHOP THE POST
Creating a bold velvet lip is just as much about your lip as it is about the rest of your face. I would never do a style post with just shoes on.. Well actually.. but that's besides the point..
I partnered up with Ulta Beauty and People StyleWatch to show you how to get a fail proof Bold Velvet lip in 4 of my favorite shades that are sure to have heads turning anywhere you go.
4 occasions... 4 colors... and the tools to make it all come together.
Colors. The shade you choose is very important.. Here are 4 of my favorites.
1. Girls Night Out (Eggplant) Ulta Matte Lip Cream in Stirring
2. Weekend Brunch (Orange) Ck one pure lip color lipstick in 700 Little Liar
3. Date Night (Red) Stila Stay all day Liquid Lipstick in Beso
4. Weekend Getaway (Pink) Urban Decay Matte Revolution Lipstick in Matte Menace
1. Yes to Cucumbers Soothing Wipes
2. Benefit Hello Flawless Custom Powder Cover Up (I wear Toasted Beige)
3. Maybelline Brow Drama in Soft Brown
4. Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge
5. Real Techniques angles liner brush #202
Girls Night Out
Eggplant Ulta Matte Lip Cream in Stirring
Have your make up wipes handy to clean up mistakes immediately after they happen. These lip colors are highly pigmented and have staying power no matter where they land.
1. No Lip Liner needed. Use an angled eyeliner brush to create a lip line with whatever color you are applying.
2. If you opt to use a more glossy lip color you can always slightly powder your lips right after you apply the gloss.
As for the rest of your look.. make sure that your foundation is flawless with your make up sponge and be sure to create a bold brow with a browgel that is a bit darker than your natural brow color.
Now that you have all the colors, tools, tips and trick in your back pocket..get out there and create your velvet lip for any occasion.
*Sponsored by Ulta Beauty and People StyleWatch
Bold Lip for the end of summer leading right into fall...